Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2, 2013: "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Suess

I arrived home safely! Three months have passed and I have been to Brazil and back. Thank you to everyone who has supported me before, during, and after my trip! I am so grateful for all of your help and encouragement. Thank you especially to everyone who followed this blog, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Rochester and Professora Vera, the Bueno Family and the Barra Family, and Lee and Sally Posey (the benefactors of my scholarship)! Though I will not be continuing this blog, it has fulfilled its purpose of being an account of the things that I experienced and learned. It will be such a useful tool for me to keep my memories alive and my experience fresh in my mind, as I return to Alma College for my sophomore year in a few weeks. I will be able to use it as a resource as I make decisions about ways in which to share my experience with the Alma College community and build on the knowledge that I gained in Brazil.