Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26, 2013: Music to my ears

This evening, Sister Joana and I went on a little adventure! One of my friends here, Leonardo, is in a choir and he was having a performance that he invited me and the nuns to watch. The church where the performance was to take place, however, was on the other side of town. After Google Maps failed to be able to give us directions to the church, one of the other nuns helped us as best she could and we set out to search and at least find the neighborhood, then we would ask someone for help if necessary. I'm glad that we left one hour early, as it took us a little while to find the church, but we made it on time for the mass that was just before the concert. Once the choir began, it was lovely to listen to their sacred music, which included one Gregorian chant, Vivaldi, Panis Angelicum, Ave Maria, and many others. It really was an excellent concert, and the choir was accompanied by a keyboardist, a flutist, and a violinist.