Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 2013: Day 16 at Maternidade Nascer Cidadao

Today was a little slow at the hospital but I visited but I was able to visit the baby I helped deliver yesterday! She was so cute and both she and her mother are happy and healthy.



Then tonight, the whole family came over for dinner. The women made lasagna and I made chocolate chip cookies! Everyone was so full but it was so much fun. I have been welcomed into the family and everyone loves to hear me speak in Portuguese (well attempt to speak). They have even shown me old family photos. 

Lasagna in progress

Lasagna complete!! It was so good. One is with beef and ham and the other is with chicken.

The chefs of the evening. My host mother is in the middle.

The youngest members of the family shared their pop rock candy with me.

Chocolate chip cookies from the package I brought from home.

Everyone was so impressed by how easy it is to make the cookies.