Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9, 2013: Day 4 at Maternidade Nascer Cidadao

Last night and tonight after working in the hospital, I went to class with my host sisters at the public medical school in the city. The classes were an oncology lecture series and at the end of the night they had prize drawings. So, tonight, my name was drawn and I won a stethoscope! It was very funny to hear the people who were drawing announce my name and say in English: "The stethoscope goes to...." What a great surprise! It was nice going to class here. It is pretty much the same as Alma though. However, the public education here is better than the private according to most and it is harder to be accepted and pass the entrance exams for the public schools.






"The stethoscope goes to...." at the Universidade Federal de Goiás