Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013: Zzzzzzz.... x7= Brasilia


Before I move on, let me introduce you to my hosts in Uberlandia, Sisters Marlena and Nega and their crazy-but-oh-so-adorable dog, Fume. I stayed in their home while I worked with Dr. Joao Lucas for the past few days. They have a lovely house with beautiful gardens in the backyard that include a pomegranate tree, a lime tree, and several banana trees!

Fume :)

This is Sister Marlena. She is works as a translator all over Brazil.














This is Sister Nega. She is a secretary at a school in Uberlandia.















Today I went on a seven and a half hour bus ride from Uberlandia to Brasilia 
to visit some great friends I have in Brasilia. Seven and a half hours! It was long of course, but the countryside was beautiful (when I was not sleeping). Minas Gerais is a little more mountainous than Goias so it was really nice to see the contrast and see the palm trees throughout the drive. There were also a lot of eucalyptus forests and many farms and birds. 


This is the type of bus that I rode.